Your Smartphone hold a lot of valuable, personal and sensitive information. The most important info that your phone hold is Contact information of your Family, Friends, Colleagues and Acquaintances. You cannot afford to loose this info. That is why its always recommended to create a secure backup of your phone’s contact information, so in case you loose your phone or you loose your contacts info due to any other reason, the backup would come handy.
Here is one of the best and most popular Backup App for iPhone –
IDrive Lite lets you Backup and restore contacts from/to your iPhone for Free. All you contact backups are securely stored on iDrive’s servers. So even if you loose your phone, you can anytime access your contacts via iDrives online portal [check last para].
How to Backup iPhone Contacts / Phonebook –
Install the IDrive Lite app and sign up for an account. Your contacts are automatically backed up to it. In case you modify your contact information, tap the ‘Backup’ button to backup the same.
How to Restore –
In case you lose or delete a contact and would like to restore it from your online account, select the ‘Restore’ tab and use any of the below options :
- Restore All – Allows you to restore all your contacts.
- Restore selected contacts – Allows you to select the contacts to be restored.
- Clean Slate Restore – Wipes your iPhone/iPad contacts clean before restoring them from your account.
- Restore from other device(s) – Allows you to restore contacts from another iPhone/iPad device.
- Restore contacts from another account – Allows you to import contacts to iPhone/iPad from another IDrive Lite account.
- Restore from earlier versions – Allows you to restore contacts backed up earlier to your account.
IDrive also provides a Locate feature, this feature lets you view location of your contacts, have other contacts view your current location, manage their access and update your location information, all with a permission based process.
- Locate My Contacts – View current location of your contacts.
- Allow select contacts to Locate Me – Grant permission to your selected contacts to view your current location.
- Manage Access to My Location – View and edit your contact list who have permission to view your current location
- Update My Location – Manually update your current location.
- Unregister Locate feature – Disable locate functionality completely.
You can Login at idrive lite web portal to manage your contacts via the web. You can add, edit or delete contact information, import contacts from Facebook and view logs of the activities performed from the website and the application.